Deadline 25 May, 2019
Global Youth Parliament is one of the global largest youth ideas transforming organization. We started in 2010 from Nepal to do the movement with collaborating different countries youth. The main aims to motivate young minds in societal work, entrepreneurship, democracy and sustainable development for the better world. Annually we invite each countries two inspiring young people for the “Global Youth Leadership Summit” to enhance the common common understanding the youths. We also work on entrepreneurship development, network building and democracy by conducting summits, projects and campaigns on these areas to maintain peace and safe movement towards the globe by gathering awareness, empowering the youth voice and finally making them sustain.
We are searching for a dynamic and experienced leader to join our organization in the role of CEO (Chief Executive Officer). The Chief Executive Officer will work closely with the Executive committee, serving as focal point of organization and as the main link between the different departments within the organization. The ideal candidate for this position has previous leadership experience on youth issues and a proven track record for effective team management and results-driven leadership.
CEO (Chief Executive Officer) duties and responsibilities:
- Direct the organization in keeping with the vision outlined for the organization by the Board of Directors and Executive Committee.
- Ensures that good governance is applied in all proceedings (meetings held regularly, procedures followed.
- Identifies and monitors relevant internal and external developments and opportunities for the realization of the objectives of the organization, assesses the impact and translates this into policy and the development of activities.
- Represents the organization externally on both strategic and tactical levels.
- Focuses the vision of the organization on acquiring financial resources, profiling the organization and influencing stakeholders.
- Initiates, builds and maintains relevant networks for the acquisition of financial resources.
- Prepares, in consultation with the Board and NGSs, the strategic plan in line with the organisational policy.
- Develops, within the established strategic policy, the annual plan and draws up the budget.
- Oversees and evaluates the implementation of the organisational strategy and makes technical preparations for adjustments to be adopted by lay leaders if necessary.
- Maintains and improves processes, procedures and systems that provide coordination and coherence across National Movements.
- Guides the work of employees and determines the deployment of external contractors, coordinating the work and monitoring the quality.
- Provides an entrepreneurial working environment within which initiatives can be taken and encourages others in the immediate working environment to take initiatives.
- Maintains internal contact with the Board and national Movements to coordinate policy issues and create support.
- Maintains contact with international networks of Global Youth Parliament.
- Maintains contact with employees to gather information, coordinates policy issues and creates support.
- Maintains contact with cooperation partners and other relevant parties to share knowledge and information, to obtain input, to influence directionally and to create support.
- Maintains a network and consults with various external parties at municipal, regional, provincial and national and international levels to coordinate and persuade for subsidy and fundraising. Ensures compliance of policies relating to SDGs.
- Leading a National or International organisation with a complex governance model in a senior role
- Managing Financial Resources including budgeting and investment decision making on behalf of an organisation
- Managing Human Resources including recruitment, development and retention
- Working with and/or advocating for youth on issues of SDGs, Democracy and Climate Change.
- Influencing various audiences through effective use of the written and spoken word
- Applying the principles and practices of raising funds through philanthropy and investors both inside and outside the organization
The candidate should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Results oriented management
- Analytical, prioritizing, decision-making and strategic planning,
- Financial management / resource development
- Interpersonal and group communication, Advocacy
- Collaboration and cooperation,
- Coaching and facilitation skills,
- Entrepreneurial skills,
- Empowering people,
- Innovation and persuasion,
The candidate should demonstrate visionary leadership, strategic thinking, humility, efficiency, accountability, honesty, focus, passion, confidence, the ability to inspire and energy.
- An advanced university master degree in political science, social sciences, conflict and peace studies, development studies, international relations or equivalent professional designation or a combination of education and experience, is required.
Interested candidates send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Note: Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview.